A program of Families Helping Families of Greater Baton Rouge (FHFGBR).
3 Core Services:
- Information and Referral
- Education and Training
- Family-to-Family Support
What RCASD Has to Offer:
- Lending Library on Autism Spectrum Disorders (software, books, etc)
- Advocacy for Autism Services
- Internet/Computer Access for Families
- Toll-free Phone Line for Information and Support
- Ongoing Support from other family-members who share the unique understanding of caring for a loved one with autism.
- Workshops and Trainings on Autism Related Topics
- Annual Autism Awareness Walk
INFORMATION & REFERRALWe provide information about a wide variety of issues and disabilities or direct you to the resources you need for services or additional information.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Workshops are coordinated and presented on topics relevant to the issues facing persons with disabilities and their families. Call our office today for topics and locations and sign up for our newsletter for future workshop schedules and other information.
FAMILY TO FAMILY SUPPORT
We will link you to a volunteer family that has a similar experience or situation to provide emotional support, specific information and guidance. Our Family to Family Support program is a volunteer mentorship program to help you through a difficult time or just provide guidance in having a family member with a certain type of disability.